Kean on Exchange

Friday, May 15, 2009

Sucre, Bolivia

We jump out of the bus and immediately do the routinely search for a hostel. We were able to find a super cheap one that was pretty nice. It even had a fountain in it! Stay in hostel with a big ass fountain in it...check. We got there pretty late on Saturday so we only really had time to eat and get ready for the nightlife.

The city of Sucre itself was probably the most scenic city I´ve been to in Bolivia. The plazas are very nice, it has many nice buildings and it is surrounded by mountains. You could tell people in Sucre were a lot better off then the rest of Bolivia. I think that´s because it´s a government town. Sucre is Bolivia´s old capitol city but it still has the judicial courts and many other government establishments. The Bolivian government decided to switch the capitol city to La Paz.

That night we went to a really cool discoteca called Mitos. It was recommended by a few locals so it was pretty much a no brainer. There were a good mix of gringos and locals. Overall, great night. Matt and I got pretty tipsy that night, didn´t we Fabby?

The next day Matt left for Santa Cruz and my Italian friend and I checked out the sights around Sucre. There are many nice buildings to see and there is an awesome view point in the Northern part of the city. We were able to catch the sunset and I even had my sights on a golf course that was across the valley. If I hadn´t already got my bus ticket I would´ve stayed and played a round. Too bad....off to La Paz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home